Terms and Conditions
2. The provision of these reports involves dealing with your personal information including credit reporting information. It is therefore very important that you acknowledge when requesting a copy of your credit file that:
• you are sending your own personal information only; and
• you are providing accurate, up to date, complete and not misleading information.
Whilst obtaining a copy of your credit file through us will not affect your credit score, it will leave an enquiry on your credit file which will only be seen by you. The Privacy Act provides a penalty for obtaining by false pretence access to an individual’s credit file in the possession of a credit reporting body.
3. We will provide a copy of your credit file free of charge. You are entitled through our service to only one free credit report every 90 days. If you apply twice within 90 days, you will not receive another free copy.
4. We will dispatch one copy of your credit file via email in two business days after you provide your information.
5. Given that we are dealing with personal information, we take reasonable steps to satisfy ourselves that all personal information it dispatches goes to the correct person.
We may make enquiries to help satisfy ourselves that you are who you say you are.
If the information you provide us does not meet our current security requirements, we may contact you and ask you to provide additional documentation to prove your identity.
In this case we may take longer than two business days to provide your credit file.
If you do not provide sufficient information and/or we are not satisfied that you have proved your identity, we may refuse to supply you with the service.
6. For security and related reasons you must provide us with an up-to-date and a valid email address. If for any reasons you change your email address you must notify us of that change immediately. This is essential for you to receive your credit file in a secure manner. You can do this by contacting us on [email protected].
7. We will use and disclose your personal information in the following ways:
i. To Veda, a credit reporting body in order to obtain a copy of your credit file, as you have authorised us to do.
ii. For any financing requirements if you have requested us to do so on an application form.
This includes if requested, assisting you to obtain a quote for finance from a lender.
or by contacting us to obtain a free copy:
Level 1, 486 Lower Heidelberg Road, Heidelberg, VIC 3084
or email [email protected]
9. Your credit file is based on information provided to credit reporting bodies like Veda by credit providers in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
Credit reporting bodies do not independently check the information supplied to them and credit reporting bodies do not guarantee the accuracy of that information.
You have rights to correct your credit file in accordance with the Privacy Act.
10. The Privacy Act permits individuals to appoint another entity to authorise a credit reporting body to provide credit reporting information about an individual to that other entity.
An entity appointed by an individual for this purpose is known as an “Access Seeker”.
The law places strict prohibitions on the entities that may be appointed as an Access Seeker on an individual.
11. By submitting an application for a free credit file, you are appointing Finalytics Financial as your Access Seeker and you authorise us to contact Veda and obtain your credit file.
12. As an Access Seeker the information we will provide to credit reporting bodies includes your identification details. However we do not provide any credit reporting information to credit reporting bodies.
13. If authorised by you, we may also use your information from credit reporting bodies to assist you to obtain a quote for a loan from a lender which may also include disclosing any adverse information contained in your credit file.
14. Finalytics Financial can vary these Terms and Conditions at any time by prior written notice of at least 14 days on our website.
15. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria and both Finalytics Financial and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that State.